Texas Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cold-brewed Coffee
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup liquid monk fruit extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- “Buttermilk” (1/2 cup almond milk + 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar)
- 2 eggs
Chocolate Avocado Frosting
- 1/2 large avocado (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened lite coconut milk (or dilute 1/8 cup full-fat coconut milk with 1/8 cup water)
- 2 teaspoons liquid monk fruit extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, cold brew, cacao powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and monk fruit extract.
- In the small mixing bowl, whisk together the “buttermilk” (almond milk + apple cider vinegar), eggs, and vanilla extract, then add to the mixture in the large mixing bowl.
- Mix everything until completely combined. You may use an electric mixer, but this works just as well mixing by hand.
- Add the batter to a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool while you make the frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients together and mix with a mixer, blender/food processor, or by hand until completely smooth.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, spread the frosting, then cut into slices.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 208
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Sugar: <1g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 31g
- Potassium: 98g
- Calcium: 7g
- Iron: 9g
Make sure to Share and Like Us on facebook to see more Effective and exclusive methods